Kids Yoga – Lower & Middle Schools
Yoga for Lower School Age – Fridays 16:30-17:30 – Downstairs at The Forsters Institute
Yoga for Middle School Age – Mondays 18:00-19:00 – Downstairs at The Forsters Institute
In our Kids Yoga classes, there is a beautiful balance between spontaneity and structure. The kids help create the class with guidance from Rocci.
We use stories, games, music, breathing, and poses to create a journey in different times and places around the universe.
We end each class with a short quiet time in which we learn the skills to relax.
Yoga Practitioners have long seen the benefits of yoga including stress and pain relief, improved circulation, a sense of wellbeing, and inner peace.
Yoga is a great remedy for the stresses found in the school environment. It encourages concentration, positive thinking, confidence, self-esteem, and self-expression.
Yoga keeps the bones healthy, strong, and aligned, and the muscles around them supple. It helps achieve good posture, a straight spine, and healthy lungs.
Balancing poses help keep focus and build concentration. Poses named after animals and geometric angles encourage imagination and play.
Yoga is all-inclusive and expands the mind and heart to embrace differences between peoples.
Kids Yoga can help to
- Develop body awareness
- Learn how to use their bodies in a healthy way
- Build concentration
- Increase confidence and positive self-image
- Feel part of a healthy non-competitive group
- Manage stress through breathing awareness, meditation, and healthy movement
Parents/Carers of Middle School Children – You are not required to stay, your child will need to be collected unless we have written permission from you to confirm they are allowed to leave by themselves
Classes can be booked as:
- Drop-in (pay as you go) – £7.50
- Pre-bookable, with 1,5 or 10 class pass (more flexibility if you cannot commit to consecutive weeks)
- 1 class pass = £7.50, 5 class pass = £35.00, 10 class pass = £65.00