Yoga for Men
3 week course (1.5hrs)
The next Yoga for Men course will start on 10th November
Our Yoga for Men courses are held over 3 weeks
David Ellard, Founder of Mind and Body Movement, is bring his experience in teaching dedicated Yoga for Men courses, workshops and classes to us here at The Rocci Tree.
Perhaps you’ve heard that yoga has an incredible body of scientific evidence behind it?
That it provides a holistic workout that improves all aspects of fitness from balance and proprioception, to strength and flexibility as well as being a proven reducer of stress and anxiety?
But you’re not quite sure how to get involved, and don’t want to walk into a class full of ladies wrapped up like contortionists.
Then the Introduction to Yoga for Men course will be perfect for you.
You don’t have to be flexible, you don’t have to have done yoga before, you just have to want to give it a go to improve everything about your own fitness.
- By the end of the course you will
become comfortable with the common forms (Asanas) used in yoga
- improved your balance and proprioception
- improved functional strength and body integration
- improved your flexibility, mobility and stability, and
- learnt some simple mindful relaxation techniques you can take into everyday life.
David will introduce you to the benefits of yoga in a way that will work your body. At the end of the session you will feel ready to take the plunge into any yoga class with confidence
David’s skill set include
- Yoga (I have teaching certificates in traditional and flow styles)
- Personal Training (I am qualified as a Level 3 Personal Trainer and Nutritional Advisor)
- Martial Arts (I hold a 4th degree black belt in Aikido which I continue to both train and teach. I’ve also studied number of other martial arts over the years)
- QI Gong and Tai Chi (I bring aspects from these ancient health and wisdom practices into much of my teaching)
- Meditation (Meditation and Mindfulness have been shown to bring great benefits to our personal health and happiness)
- Shiatsu (Shiatsu massage is a Japanese massage system in which the practitioner aids the recipient’s body to heal itself.)
- Science (A key aspect of my approach is avoiding hearsay for evidence-based, scientifically proven, techniques.)
Course cost £45