Mum + Baby + Yoga (Postnatal & Restorative)
Fridays 13:30-14:30 – Upstairs at The Forster Institute
Our Mum + Baby + Yoga classes are a gentle caring style of yoga to help restore energy and strength for Mum without having to find childcare for baby.
This class is a perfect way to gently ease yourself back into shape once you have had your 8-week check (and approval of your doctor). Babies are welcome from age 8 weeks to crawling and can either join in with the exercises and rhymes, play with toys or quietly feed.
Benefits of Postnatal Yoga
- It’s a great way to get back into shape without needing a babysitter
- It’s a wonderful chance for bonding with your baby
- By increasing the endorphins that are released through deep breathing, yoga helps prevent baby blues and stress and helps promote relaxation and sleep.
- Strengthens the pelvic floor, abdominals and back
- Releases tension in the neck, shoulders and upper back muscles (helps getting rid of the pram pushing, car chair carrying and baby holding tightness)
- Helps increase energy levels and rejuvenates the mind
- Meet other new mums
- There will be time and space to stay for tea and cake after the class.
Classes can be booked as:
- Drop-in (pay as you go)
- Pre-bookable (with a 1, 5 or 10 class pass) click here to book class passes
(more flexibility if you cannot commit to consecutive weeks)
1 class pass = £7.50, 5 class pass= £35.00, 10 class pass= £65.00
- Bookable as a course of 6/7 consecutive weeks (dependent on term length)
Click here to book enrolment
(This is the cheapest option)
6 week term= £36.00, 7 week term= £42.00