Yoga for Mum (Postnatal & Restorative)
Wednesdays 13:00-14:00 – Downstairs at The Forster Institute
Our Yoga for Mum classes are a gentle caring style of yoga to help restore energy and strength for Mum without having to find childcare for baby. Rocci has been teaching post-natal yoga for over 6 years and is passionate about looking after new mum’s. You will learn how to look after yourself inside and out, take time to rest and restore and have fun with your baby.
This class is a perfect way to gently ease yourself back into shape once you have had your 8-week check (and approval of your doctor). Babies are welcome from age 8 weeks to crawling and can either join in with the exercises and rhymes, play with toys or quietly feed.
Benefits of Postnatal Yoga
- It’s a great way to get back into shape without needing a babysitter
- It’s a wonderful chance for bonding with your baby
- By increasing the endorphins that are released through deep breathing, yoga helps prevent baby blues and stress and helps promote relaxation and sleep.
- Strengthens the pelvic floor, abdominals and back
- Releases tension in the neck, shoulders and upper back muscles (helps getting rid of the pram pushing, car chair carrying and baby holding tightness)
- Helps increase energy levels and rejuvenates the mind
- Meet other new mums
- There will be time and space to stay for tea and cake after the class.
Classes can be booked as:
- Drop-in (pay as you go)
- Pre-bookable (with a 1, 5 or 10 class pass) click here to book class passes
(more flexibility if you cannot commit to consecutive weeks)
1 class pass = £7.50, 5 class pass= £35.00, 10 class pass= £65.00
- Bookable as a course of 6/7 consecutive weeks (dependent on term length)
Click here to book enrolment
(This is the cheapest option)
6 week term= £36.00, 7 week term= £42.00
If you are looking for an alternative class, maybe without baby, why not try our Wellwoman monthly class.
Held on the 3rd Sunday of each month it is a lovely relaxing and deeply restorative class, ideal for Mums that have had their 8 week postnatal check!
To join Rocci from 10.00 am – 11.30 am each month click here