We are delighted to be offering 6 week courses for you and your baby at The Station at Pages Park
We offer two 6 week courses
Baby + Yoga
Baby yoga is, as the name suggests, predominantly yoga for baby. In a more and more sedentary existence, yoga gives babies the opportunity to wriggle and move, strengthen muscles, improve coordination and reach milestone moves not just sooner but with better quality of movement.
The class helps with destressing and relaxation for mum and baby and incorporates lots of play. As well as being lots of fun, baby yoga can really help with wind and colic, bonding, attachment and confidence. We always have time at the end of the class for tea and a chat.
Through safely assisting babies into a series of engaging and fun postures we help them to realize their own capabilities.
Please wear comfortable clothes as we will be sitting on the floor and doing a few ‘mum moves’. Baby should be in a comfortable footless garment.
BABY + Mum + yoga
Our Postnatal yoga is yoga for Mum where baby can join in! This drop in class is a perfect way to gently ease yourself back into exercise once you have had your 6 week check (and approval of your doctor). Babies are welcome from age 6 weeks to crawling and can either join in with the exercises, play with toys or quietly feed.
Benefits of Postnatal Yoga
- Its a great way to get back into shape without needing a babysitter
- Its a wonderful chance for bonding with your baby
- By increasing the endorphins that are released through deep breathing, yoga helps prevent baby blues and stress and helps promote relaxation and sleep.
- Strengthens the pelvic floor, abdominals and back
- Releases tension in the neck, shoulders and upper back muscles (helps getting rid of the pram pushing, car chair carrying and baby holding tightness)
- Helps increase energy levels and rejuvenates the mind
- Meet other new mums